If you’d like to help, and there are many volunteer opportunities, please contact us at email@example.com or complete the volunteer form below.
Because we are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, we rely solely on volunteers and donations. We could not accomplish our goals without the help of so many volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering, we’d love to have you. Please consider assisting in whatever way you are able.
Although we need volunteers all year long, we are in great need of many, many volunteers to help in several different areas of our main, annual, fundraising event – The Wags to Riches Gala & Casino Night. Volunteers are needed for several months leading up to the event and we also need many volunteers the night of the event.
There are several ways that you can help. We have listed the positions and descriptions below of what help is most needed and there is a form below for completion.
Volunteer Positions needed now (February/March/April)
- Be “on call” to pick up donated items from businesses who have contacted us stating they are donating an auction/raffle item and have requested a volunteer to pick up the item from their business. You will generally have a date item is ready for pick-up and it must be completed within a few days of this date. There is some flexibility here on pick-up time.
- Solicit Sponsors and/or Auction/Raffle Donations in Pearland and Surrounding Areas
Contact local businesses in Pearland and surrounding areas by going in-person, making phone calls and/or email.
- Solicit corporate companies/nationwide companies via email or through their donation request method, to request an auction/raffle donation.
- Solicit companies in Houston and surrounding areas via phone, email or through their website to request an auction/raffle donation.
- Solicit companies for samples, coupons, etc. of items that may be included in goodie bags. We would like these gift bags to be “fun” and for their total retail value to be around $150 each. Typically this is done through phone, email or through their website.
- Be an idea person! We need ideas of larger auction/raffle items and companies to contact so we can have these larger items at the event. If you can come up with the idea, you like to “think outside the box”, but don’t want to solicit, this is a great opportunity for you.
Volunteer Positions needed in April/May/June
- Take flyers, posters, yard signs, etc. to businesses who have contacted us stating they would like to display these advertisements at their business.
- Distribute flyers to local businesses and in area neighborhoods, apartment complexes, etc.
- Help stuff gift bags. Become part of a team of approx. 10 people who will meet one time in Pearland (two times, if needed) around the middle of May to stuff 250 gift bags bags that will be handed out at the event.
- Sell raffle tickets to the public by setting up and working at a table outside of stores in Pearland (TBD) and selling raffle tickets to the public.
- Sell raffle tickets to people you know at work, neighbors, family, friends, etc.
Volunteer Positions needed immediately prior to/after the Event
- Help with set up (the morning of the Event) to hang up banners, set up auction tables, etc.
- Help clean up immediately after the Event.
Volunteer Positions needed during the Event
(We need approximately 30 volunteers working at the Event to be as efficient as possible).
Dress Attire for volunteers at Event: Formal
- Registration/Check In
- Door Greeter/Usher
- Silent Auction and Raffle Attendant/Cashier
- Casino Chips Cashier
- Live Auction Helper
- Float Person (Help/fill-in wherever is needed)
Please take a moment to complete the form below and our amazing Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact with you soon.